Friday, June 23, 2017

At Home With You

Hello Friends!

I chose this card to share with you today, as I am not at home!  Today is the day, and at 9 am (local time) we fly to Seoul, Korea for the first leg of our amazing vacation.  My friend, and fellow Demonstrator, Barb Tripps also qualified for the Stampin' Up! Grand Vacation to Phuket, Thailand.  So we are travelling with her and her hubby for the entire 24 days!

We have 24 hours in Seoul, then fly to Hanoi, Vietnam.  From then until July 9th we will be going where ever the wind takes us.  On the 9th we have to be in Phuket for our Stampin' Up! leg of the vacation.

I will hopefully be able to post some pictures while we are gone, but if not, I will when we get back.  But meanwhile, I will only be doing blog posts twice a week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Don't miss me too much! LOL

When they demonstrated the At Home With You Bundle at the OnStage event in April, you should have heard the gasp when they revealed how the die cut image moves after you put it on the card.  Stampin' Up! has definitely outdone themselves with the interactive dies this season.



First you cut out the door frame .....


Then you cut out the  door itself.  This part of the die cuts only 3 sides, and scores the fourth side so you can open and close the door!  How fun is this.  I used the lantern and flower pot to keep the door closed when it is shut.  I just made sure when I put them onto the card, that they overlap the edge of the door just a tiny, wee bit.  Voila!  It works.

For the lantern,  I used the die to cut it out in basic black, then I stamped the image on whisper white and hand cut it so it layers onto the black piece.  The flowers are coloured using the Stampin' Write Markers - Lemon Lime Twist, Sweet Sugarplum, and Daffodil Delight.  I coloured the basket with Smokey Slate ink and a Blender Pen.  The door is stamped onto some Wood Textures designer paper using Crumb Cake ink.  I cut out the windows using the die provided, and placed a piece of Daffodil Delight cardstock behind the openings so it looks like the lights are on in the house.

I sponged the Brick Wall embossed cardstock with a tiny bit of smoky slate ink.

Thick Whisper White 8.5 x 5.5
Basic Black 5-1/4 x 4; 1 x 1-1/2
Real Red 5-1/8 x 3-7/8
Whisper White 1-1/2 x 1-1/2; 2 x 3-3/4; 1/2 x 2-1/2 (for sentiment, then cut to fit after stamping); 1 x 1-1/2
Daffodil Delight 1 x 1-1/4

You can find the supplies for this card listed below my signature.  Just click on any of the images to go to my Online Store.  Any order of $60 or more during June will get a special gift from me straight out of the new catalogue!  Or you can EMAIL ME and I will be pleased to help you with your Canadian order.  I may not respond immediately as I won't know what the internet is like over there, but I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Have a Crafty Day!












No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails