Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Easter Bunny Slider Card

Last month we had our semi-annual demonstrator meeting for Vancouver Island, BC. We have swaps, make-n-takes, business discussions, etc. I came home with a whole bag full of ideas and samples from our wonderful Make-N-Takes our fabulous local demonstrators did. This one, by Susan E, is a slider card. She said she got the idea from Dawn's blog. HERE is the link to Dawn's post for the tutorial on how to make one of these cards. Susan's card used the set "A Good Egg" and was fabulous. I took Dawn's tutorial, Susan's idea and colour scheme, and did some adapting of my own. This month, as you know, our Punchie Class will include a darling Bunny punchie. So I wanted to use it on a card to show ideas on how to use it. And, I will be giving it to someone very, very special (who is too little to read Gramma's Blog, heehee)!
Here's my card closed:~~~~~~~~~~~~~ And here it is partially open:

and an up close look at the inside top piece:

I paper pieced the shell of the chick using some very old and retired SU DSP that I don't have the name for any more. The front uses Tea Party DSP. Our precious grandson, James, will be 2 in a couple of weeks, and boy is he a 2 year old! I had forgotten how much of a personality they get around 2, but he is definitely becoming a very funny, teasing, special little boy. And he does crack me up all the time. Last night he did not want to eat what was for dinner, so he got one of his "Huh, see if I eat that!" looks on his face, closed his eyes, put his little nose in the air, and turned his head away from us. He was so funny, how can you not laugh at something like that!!!
Anyways, thanks to Dawn and Susan for the inspiration for this awesome card. Here's what I used to create it:
Stamps: A Good Egg, Cute and Cuddly, Fast Flowers Wheel (retired 2008)
Ink: Basic Black, Lavender Lace
Paper: Tea Party DSP, retired unknown SU DSP
Cardstock: Barely Banana, Whisper White, Lavender Lace
Other: Bunny Punchie, Nestabilities, Modern Label and Word Window Punches, plastic grocery bag
Give one of these cards a try, they are super fun to make. Just have to make sure of two things:
1. do not adhere your inside cardstock to your card base, just to the plastic slider piece
2. put the join of the plastic piece at the bottom of where the top slider cardstock piece attaches
If you do these 2 things, your slider card should work, the first time. Unlike my first attempt!!!
Happy Stampin'................. Glenda Mollet

2 comments:

Candy said...

Oh Glenda!!!!
So adorable and James will treasure it!!!!
Hugs, Candy

Carole'Anne AKA Stampin Stressaway said...

Ouh Glenda
this is the most adorable card EVER
I love the colours first of all
and the style of the card with the pull out is super adorable
and them the bunny in the punched art
holly cow
I love it
you did such a cute cute job
I would love to try the bunny
would it be okay if I used your punched idea?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails