Sunday, January 3, 2010

Scrapbooking - James' Book - 365 Days and The End

I ran across a page for 365 days of the first year of a baby's life. It had a picture from his Birth day, and a picture from his first Birthday. I thought this was a great idea and just had to do it for the end of this album.
I cut the circles out with my Circle Scissors and continued the truck theme around the bottom as it faces the Twelfth Month page. The colour scheme is also the same. The numbers and letters are black bling Thickers. I like the way the circles on the big picture draw your attention to his face, but still allow you to see the rest of the picture.
Then I wanted a final page for the album to end it with love from Gramma and Grampa. I found a super picture of James and my DH reading before bed time. It looks like James is asleep and it really fits the theme. I wrote beneath the picture "Safe In Bapa's Arms". Bapa is what James calls his Grampa, and he calls me Yaya. His other grand parents are Poppa and Babe. I made a note of this on the bottom left hand corner so we will always remember those names.
They grow up so darn fast, its hard to believe he is almost 2 years old. We are truly blessed to have him in our lives, and getting to spend so much time with him. He has sleep overs at Bapa and Yaya's house on a very regular basis. This all fits into our schedule now that I am retired. James is the main reason I retired - I wanted to be able to spend time with him when I wanted, not when my work shedule allowed. I said once and only once, that I could not take him for the day because I had to work, and that was the end of working!
Thanks for visiting my blog and going on the journey of James' first year. I will be back tomorrow with cards..................Glenda Mollet

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails