Monday, December 21, 2009

Scrapbooking - James' Book - Title Page

I am making a scrapbook of our Grandson James' first year. I read somewhere on the net that one Mom or Gramma made chipboard letters for each month of the first year. They took pictures in the same location each month on the day of the birth for an entire year. Then she made a scrapbook and put the numbers on the appropriate pages. I loved this idea and we decided to do it for James. So I made up the numbers, and decorated them differently, for each month. Then Mom (Heather) and Dad (Phil) took the picture each month on the anniversary of the date of his birth. I started this scrapbook a year ago, and I am just now getting around to posting the pictures. I have finished his 5th month page and I will share them with you over the next few days.

Today's post is the front page and I called it the Title Page. It is the first picture we took of him the day of his birth. He was approx 4 hours old. We have earlier pictures of him, but this is the one Grampa (known as Bapa) and Gramma (known as Yaya) - that's us - took of him. He had already had his bath, and was sleeping very peacefully. It also includes the poster with his details on it.The name is done in "Onboard Simon Upper" chipboard letters from SU. Then I coloured the letters using Baja Breeze classic pad. When that dried I traced the outline of the letters with the White Signo Pen. Then I put Dazzling Diamonds glitter on each one. The heart at the top is done the same way, except it does not have the white pen on it. The teddy bear images are on some paper I got from the bigbox craft store, I cut out the white paper from the middle and just used the outside strip with the animals on it.

I have been intimidated by scrapbooking and my New Year's resolution (one of them) is to Get On With It Yaya!!! James will be in high school before I get this done if I don't just do it. I will be sharing the rest of the pages with you. Thanks for looking.
............................ Glenda Mollet

1 comment:

Candy said...

So lovely to see the new born page. Happy to hear you have the resolution to 'get on with it Yaya'.
Hope you can continue onward and upword.
Hugs, Candy

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails